Printers have ceased to be a peripheral of computers to inhabit any space in the home. Connected wirelessly to phones and tablets or with voice, they are part of the IoT (Internet of Things) universe that brings technology to all kinds of users.
When the line between personal and professional life is increasingly blurred, we work both from the office and at home or on the street. We do not always have a specific place in the home and sometimes we do it from the couch or even the bed. We spend our lives hiding the cables and the technological devices of our increasingly connected home.
Welcome ‘home-friendly’ technology
But technology created specifically for the home no longer has to be invisible. The new devices are designed to be displayed, but camouflaged within the environment without attracting attention. There are wooden cases for computers, tablets and telephones, voice assistants are wrapped in cloth, and even thermostats, humidifiers or security systems are aesthetically attractive. They are prettier, but also simpler and smaller.
At the same time that homes are increasingly technological , technology is becoming more and more human. The devices adapt to the user experience. If the mobile has become the control center of our work and leisure, the devices of our home are also controlled by an app. When the cables are no longer needed, we can connect with them via Wi-Fi even if we are not nearby.
The latest revolution in our way of relating to technology is the use of the voice. Either by using a smart speaker such as Amazon Echo, Apple HomePod or Google Home or through our smartphones or, very soon, on Smart TV, voice assistants such as Google or Alexa have facilitated access to the Internet for more people. Without touching keys or looking at screens, the way to communicate with technology through the voice can not be more human.
HP Tango printer, simplicity and intelligence
Sometimes it’s the simplest thing that makes life easier. And the HP Tango printer brings together simplicity and intelligence so we can print, scan and copy from any device and place thanks to its cloud-based connectivity.
Its elegant and curved design and small size make it easy to fit anywhere, from the living room to the kitchen. It has a cover, lined in linen or cork, to become a decorative object more of our house if we are not using it.
The HP Tango does not need to be connected to a computer or countless buttons and lights to work. The HP Smart app for Android and iOS smartphones makes it possible to manage all its functions, send images to print, scan documents and receive notifications. Neither do you need to be in the same room. We can print from a cafe or from the street.
In addition, it is compatible with the main voice assistants, from Alexa (Amazon), Cortana (Microsoft) or Google Assistant, to send documents only with voice. It turns the experience into a quick and simple act, which lacks complex facilities or instructions or requires a computer.
Characteristics of the HP Tango printer
- Easy configuration: without USB ports or drivers, we only need to download the HP Smart app on our phone.
- Dual band Wi-Fi: print quickly from mobile devices, smart speakers and laptops.
- Cloud connectivity: we can scan documents or take photos and then share them by email, upload them to the cloud, or print them from anywhere through your bidirectional network.
- Notifications on the phone: the printer communicates when printing or scanning, the level of ink or paper remaining or if the cover is closed.
- HP Instant Ink: for a monthly fee, the printer automatically requests new ink cartridges when there is little left. In addition, we can print our photos for free from the phone.
- Dynamic security enabled: it is designed to be used exclusively with cartridges with original HP electronic circuits.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac: computers must have installed Microsoft Windows 7, 0 or 10 or macOS High Sierra v10.13, macOS Sierra v10.12 (formerly OS X) and OS X v10.11 El Capitan.
- Domestic use: recommended for teams of up to three users and to print up to 500 pages per month.
- Prints documents and photographs: supports 60 to 300 gram paper, both normal and recycled, photo papers and glossy and matte brochures.
The style is combined with functionality in a printer designed for the way people live and work today.